Friday, April 23, 2010

Traveling to California

As I write this message I'm on board my flight to Denver and then to Los Angeles. I'm going back to California for my first CT Scan since before my cancer treatments back in August. I'm planning on having blood work done to check all my levels, then I have the CT Scan, meet with Dr. Selch, my radiation doctor, and then finally I meet with Dr. Pinter-Brown, my cancer doctor. I can't believe this time is already here. I can still remember going through chemo and radiation like it was yesterday. I'm so glad that the treatments are over and I'm so happy that I made it through everything. And now comes the test of truth, whether or not I still have cancer. It is scary to think there may still be cancer in my body.

When I finished my treatments I was so happy to be done with having to think or deal with cancer issues, so I really hope everything comes back okay. As far as how I'm feeling, I do feel a lot better. I have regained a lot of my strength that I lost during my cancer treatments. I'm still not as strong as I use to be, but it has been nice working out again and doing physical activities I didn't get to do while I was going through chemo. I'm still tired often but I'm hoping that is because of the morning show schedule and not because of cancer. I don't even know what I would do if the caner came back. I guess I would fight it again just as hard, but I must admit it would be hard.

I hope my flight gets in in time for my blood work this afternoon. Wish me good luck!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I AM SURE YOU WILL FLY THROUGH ALL THE TESTS WITHOUT A GLITCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Danielle,

    I pray for you all the time, but even more this week. I have many of my close Christian friends praying for you too.

    We pray for the best of news after all of your doctor's visits this week.

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete