Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! I couldn't resist the temptation to write about my appointment with my heart doctor tomorrow on this special HEART day (corny, I know). But really I wanted to write about tomorrow's appointment because I'll be receiving an update on the condition of my heart's ejection fraction. As I mentioned earlier, the adriamycin in the R-CHOP that I received during my chemotherapy lowered my ejection fraction (that's a mouthful). Your ejection fraction is the fraction of blood that is pumped out by your heart to the rest of your body. So tomorrow I will find out if my ejection fraction has decreased since the last time we checked it back in November. I will receive a heart echo tomorrow and meet with my doctor, Dr. Hamilton. I am really hoping that my ejection fraction has not decreased!! It is scary to think that I might have a weak heart. Wish me good luck.
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment