Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hopefully Making a Difference

The purpose of my blog is to help others. I hope by telling my story I can help anyone out there who may be fighting cancer or any other major illness. My goal is to also help family members or friends who may have someone in their life that is fighting a major illness. Hopefully by telling my story of my fight against cancer I can provide some sort of comfort. And just tonight I received some sort of sign that I'm fulfilling my purpose.

I was so excited to hear from one follower from Canada who ran across my blog just recently. Hearing her story is an inspiration to me and gives me courage to continue what I have done with this blog. I would like to share her email with you now:

12-08-09, 10:38pm
"Hi Danielle,
Random late-night-I-have-cancer freakout lead me to some Internet searching and I stumbled onto your blog. I can't help but see some similarities between us. You are a news anchor- I am a communication studies student. You are a brunette- I am a brunette. You have cell-b lymphoma- I have cell-b lymphoma, but most importantly: you are a strong positive fighter- and that is exactly what I hope to be.
One big difference is that you've had it for a few months and I was just diagnosed this past week.
When I first started reading I smiled and then I started to cry, not because it made me sad or scared but because it made me incredibly happy to see someone with the same attitude that I have. Seeing your journey makes me feel better. I feel like it is preparing me for what I am up against and I appreciate that.
It is rare for me to contact someone like this. But I like that you are putting yourself out there and it made me want to do the same.
I am not sure if you will respond, but I just wanted you to know that what you are doing IS making a difference.
Emily Branton
21 years old
Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada"

2 comments:

  1. danielle you are making a difference to me everyday. you have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily sounds like a very strong person as well. Good luck to you Emily, and definitely keep on writing Danielle!

    ~Aaron

    ReplyDelete