Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Waiting to Begin Radiation

Over the past few days I have been waiting to begin my radiation treatment. Last week I went in to see the doctors and was fitted for my radiation mask. Now over the past few days the doctors and nurses have been coming up with my radiation treatment plan. It has been a little frustrating during this waiting period because I am so anxious to beat this cancer. My original plan was to be completely done with my cancer fight around the first of 2010, but now it doesn't seem like my plan is going to happen.

However, I'm remaining positive and I'm trying to keep an upbeat attitude about the radiation. A part of me is eager to learn about this type of treatment for Cancer, but another part of me is scared of the unknown. At least at this point with the chemotherapy I kind of knew what to expect, since I have already completely four sessions. But now I have never had radiation before and I don't know what to expect. I don't know how my body is going to react to the radiation and I don't know if it is going to work. I'm scared that the Cancer won't be gone and I'll have to do this whole process over. But of course with anything new the first experience can be a bit frightening, and I'm keeping an open mind.

Tomorrow I will be going to UCLA for a dry run of the radiation, and on Thursday I will be actually starting the process. I hope everything goes smoothly!
Danielle

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    Just thought I'd write a line or two to wish you all the best as you begin radiation treatments. You've got this cancer on the ropes and are about to deliver the knockout!

    I miss you and look forward to the day when you return cancer-free! It's just over the horizon.

    J.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will turn out fine Danielle! Dont worry! You are sooo strong and radiation will be a breeze! Hang in there everything is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO DANIELLE DUPUY! MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, THE WAITING AND ANTICIPATION IS THE WORST PART OF A MEDICAL PROCEDURE. YOU WILL BE DONE SOON AND BE ABLE TO RESUME A NORMAL LIFE. MAYBE PLAN SOMETHING REALLY FUN TO CELEBRATE YOUR COMPLETION OF ALL THE TREATMENTS........HAWAII, MEXICO, WALL DRUG?
    TAKE CARE........WARM WISHES FROM WYOMING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Love You
    Cousin Julie

    ReplyDelete