Sunday, November 8, 2009

Recovering After 4th Chemo





I'm happy to say that so far I am recovering after my fourth chemo treatment. My head has been hurting and my body is sore, but the medicine is really helping with my nausea. However, I have noticed that this time around I am significantly more tired than before. I have been going to bed a lot earlier and taking naps throughout the day. I still have a little cough from when I had the Swine Flu earlier, but the cough is not as violent as before. I would say all is all I just feel a little cloudy and lethargic.

Now I am doing everything I can to stay healthy. When I went in for my last chemo session my neutrophil count, white blood cell count, was extremely low for me. The neutrophil count was at the lowest it has ever been, so especially now it is so important that I avoid big crowds and people who are sick, since my body can't protect itself. I think the Swine Flu really put my body to work and now my body is having a hard time recovering. However, I am staying positive, normally I would be depressed about not being able to go out in public, but now I understand this is really about my health and safety. So I'm finding comfort in reading a good book and admiring the sunshine outside through my window.

This past chemo session was my last one at Avera McKennan and I must say I am going to miss everyone! All of the nurses administering the chemo were great! Plus, Dr. Tolentino and his staff, Michelle and Jill, have been fantastic. They have made such a positive impact on my life as I go through this journey that I will never forget their kindness and support. Thanks Guys! See you when I get back.
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment