Monday, November 2, 2009

YAY, my Grandma is here!

I am so excited because my Grandma has arrived in Sioux Falls. I have been wanting my Grandma to visit me forever, so I'm so happy she is here. She got in on Saturday night and she will be staying with me for a week. My grandma will be coming with me to my next chemo treatment on this Thursday. I know she will be a great support for me during the session. I am so grateful she has received the time off of work to come to South Dakota and visit me. It is great to see her and play catch-up.

Here are some pictures when my mom, grandma and I went on a walk on the bike trail. All the leaves are gone off of the trees, but it was still such a beautiful day. The sun was out shinning and it wasn't too cold. Really we couldn't of asked for a more perfect day. Plus, even with the leaves gone, it is beautiful to just look at these gorgeous trees. They are so big and powerful that I love to look and admire their strength. I think it is so great that Sioux Falls has this wonderful bike path.

Plus, another reason why yesterday was a great day-THE VIKINGS WON!! I was so excited to see the Vikings beat the Packers in Green Bay. It was funny to see my mom and grandma even watch some of the game. They're not big fans of football, but they watched one of the quarters just for me. They're great sports.
Danielle

4 comments:

  1. HI DANIELLE DUPUY. IT JUST SEEMS THAT YOU ARE DOING SO WELL AND THAT IN NO TIME YOU WILL BE BACK AT 100%. YOU HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE! IT HAS BEEN VERY INTERESTING FOLLOWING YOUR JOURNEY AND I HOPE YOU CONTINUE WITH UPDATES EVEN WHEN YOU LEAVE THE MEDICAL WORLD IN THE DUST. AFTER POSTING YOURSELF IN THOSE PAJAMAS, YOU MAY WANT TO WORK FROM HOME FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS.......JUST KIDDING YOU KNOW! HANG IN THERE YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Lord! You Dupuy women have the gift of youth!

    Good luck Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to see you out and about again! Going out walking with your mom and grandma must be so fun! And don't you look cute in your hat, scarf, and red coat! Love seeing that smile on your face, babe. As always, all my love. :)

    -Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you're doing so well! We're all still keeping you in our thoughts as you round the bend and head toward the end of chemo! I'm sorry to say I don't watch the station much anymore, but I have been so touched by your honest reflections on this whole awful thing, that I can't wait to one day hear you declare you are cancer free! Soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete