Monday, September 21, 2009

Afraid to Touch My Hair!

We'll, I think the hair loss process has officially started. On Sunday morning I woke up to find hair strands all across my pillow. It was really scary to see my hair just laying there. Now I have not washed or brushed my hair in two days because every time I touch my hair, more hair strands fall out. As much as I anticipate losing my hair, its still really hard to see it first hand. It's also a weird time because not enough of my hair is falling out to shave it just yet, but a lot of my hair is falling out that its all over the floor, my clothes, and bed. So a part of me just wants it to come out, so I can stop seeing it all over the place, but another part of me wants to hold onto it for as long as I can. Another change I have noticed is my skin is becoming dry. Dry skin isn't too much of an issue for me, since I lived in Wyoming for two years!

Also on Saturday night my sister Brittany went back home to California. I'm so sad to see her go. It was really great having her stay with us for two weeks. I really had a wonderful time spending some quality time with her. She is turning into a wonderful woman, I'm so proud of her.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with my doctor and doing some blood work. Then on Thursday is my second session of Chemo. I hope everything goes well with my blood work. I am interested in hearing about my white blood cell count. I have noticed I have been sneezing a lot. I'm also curious to see how long the second session of chemo will take.

Some good news: my dad gets into town on Wednesday, so I'm really excited to see him!!
Danielle

3 comments:

  1. Good morning! We started the chemo today and was able to use the "port". It seems like it has some real advantages. Even the ability to leave it in long term. If your treatments are to be quick and short term it may not be your best interest, but if there are possibilties of
    many IV's it may be a good choice.
    Good Luck,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle: It is weird to have your hair come out so much, it seems like it's always all over everywhere and when you brush your hair it comes out in clumps. Make sure of when you want to shave your hair off, because as I shared with you I didn't loose all of my mine, their was enough to stick out of hats and this might happen to you too, no one knows for sure. It's great to have family with you, it helps so much and is fun too. Look to God for an inner peace that you can't find anywhere else, that peace can guide you and keep you stable even if the whole world around you is falling apart. I know because His peace did that for me. I am still lifting you up in prayer. Terry, Krystle Kacner's Aunt. P.S. You look great! in that scarf I hope you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle just remember it will grow back, and its a part of the treatment.

    A little humor. A friend of a friend was into the fade of guys shaving their heads. But when he decided to let it grow back, only half did.

    I hope you are feeling okay. And its very good to hear your dad is coming to visit.

    -Derek

    ReplyDelete