Friday, September 18, 2009

Hair Changes

Today has been an anxious day. For the first time I have noticed some changes to my hair. My scalp has been sore, in particular the back of my head feels as if there is a bruise there. Also the texture of my hair feels different, almost more brittle. However, what really scared me was I noticed a lot more of my hair begin to fall out when I took a shower. Sure every woman's hair falls out a little when they shower, but I noticed more hairs than normal. My mom keeps telling me it is a sign the Chemo is working to kill the cancer, so that is something to be happy about. I hope I'm not being a hypochondriac, but I am noticing some changes. I'm just wondering if now is too early to be noticing these changes in my hair.

Also today I received my flu shot and Lupron shot. Since I don't have a spleen and since I'm going through Chemo, I really hope I don't catch a bad flu or cold. I also decided today I am going to get the Lupron shot each month. Hopefully by receiving the shot each month, my ovaries will be protected from the chemo. On a positive note, I am feeling better, I went to the driving range and I even went on a 4 miles walk. It was really nice to be outside in the sunshine getting some exercise. Its funny how a little thing like a walk could brighten your day. But come tomorrow night I know I'm going to be sad because that's when my sister leaves to go back to California. It has been really nice having her here with me during this time.

So now the count down to the second chemo treatment begins. I'm a little scared and nervous for Thursday, but I'm keeping positive.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Danielle You look amazing and I was sooooo happy to meet you last night at the show! I hope you don't miss your sister too much and if you ever get lonely and want to hang out ... you have my number! You're an amazing person inside and out!

    ReplyDelete