Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

Today I went to the doctor for a check-up and lab work for my second chemo session scheduled for this Thursday. It was a long day for us because our appointment lasted 2 and half hours (the doctor was pretty busy). However, I did get some great news- my white blood cell count and chemical levels in my blood were all GREAT!! I also did a urine test and everything looked perfect, so as you can imagine that was a HUGE relief. I'm so proud of my body for doing so well, even after all these powerful and dangerous chemicals have invaded my body. TAKE THAT CANCER, you can't keep me down.

The only thing the doctor said is I have to work on finding a better way to handle stress. It seems as if I get stressed out too easily, and I need to find a better outlet that will help me relax. So he is going to help me find some activities that will help my body stay strong. Maybe I'll start to do yoga or sewing! He also wants me to take it easier, I'm pushing my body a little too hard at times. Sometimes I need to just listen to my body, and if my body says I'm tired, I have to rest and not work. It's just hard for me because I'm not use to being sick, I'm use to always pushing myself to the edge, but I guess I have to learn.

As far as the hair situation, its still falling out, but my doctor wants me to wait a little while before I shave it off. He recommends I shave it when I can see bald patches. Its just hard because right now there is hair ALL over! So right now I'm ready for Thursday. I'm not really scared, I just feel determine and anxious to fight this cancer in the butt.
Danielle

12 comments:

  1. Danielle, Hang in there! This cancer doesn't know who it is dealing with! =) Lots of thoughts and prayers going your way.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo happy to see you in such high spirits. You're doing great, and I'm ecstatic to hear that you're body is responding so well. :) I agree with your doctor--RELAX! This is the first chance you've had in years to take it easy. I think that yoga would be a great thing for you to try out. Try playing your trumpet again!!! I can't imagine anything more stress-reducing for a musician. :) Take an art class, try something new. I know you've got it in you hon, and I can tell that you know it too. I'll try calling you later this week, it's been too long. Love you!

    -Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...its time to bust out the old horn!
    I'm glad to hear your in good spirits and very glad to hear your dad is getting out there. It must be so hard for him :( Love ya and talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you on Thursday :) By the way, your standup tonight in your story was AWESOME :) Tom and I always like to see what you'll do next with your standups :) As far as work, no worries from us, we'll be just fine! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. danielle you are the most beautiful person i know. hair is nothing compared to how beautiful you are on the inside and outside. your smile and the light in your eyes means so much more than hair ever will. i promise.

    love you. and best of luck tomorrow. you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey danielle, I am glad to hear that all your blood work is good!!! I agree with the doctor you really need to take it easy. Just do want you want. Dont worry about anyone else! Yoga could be fun..or planting...plant that little plant that we got from that green thing that aaron was afraid of....keep smiling!!! You can do it! Cant wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new hair cut!! It is so wonderful to hear you always so positive! You are in my thoughts and prayers today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugzzzzzzzz to ya sweetheart.. a good friend of mine was just declared cancer free a couple months ago from lukemia, you remind me alot of her. We emailed each other through her ordeal. Your on the road to success with alot of good friends behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, There is a man here in town who works with cancer patients on stress and relaxation. His services are free for cancer patients, and he is amazing. His name is Tom Luke. See if you can get info from your doc. If you can't, let me know and I will get it for you. I will make the world of differances for you.
    Congrats on the bloodwork. I know what a success that feels like! Good luck today. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kick that sorry cancer's butt! Round 2! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hon, if you want to take up sewing or try it out . . . you can borrow my sewing machine for awhile to see if you like it, I'll be you could make some gorgeous scarves and things to help you relax...

    ReplyDelete