Friday, September 25, 2009

Second Round of Chemo

September 24, 2009 was my second round of chemo. The Chemo session went a lot smoother than I expected, so YAY. The nurse got the IV started in just one prick! I was a little worried about my veins, but so far they are doing great. Plus, my body didn't react to the drugs like it did last time. and we were out of the doctors office in 6 and half hours, a few hours earlier than last time. Plus it was really nice to have my mom, Aaron, and especially my dad there during this round of chemo. I know it must be hard for him to be all the way in California, while I'm going through all this in South Dakota, so I was really happy he could be there yesterday. Plus, I was so proud of my dad, he didn't even faint once!

However, one thing I have noticed is my "after chemo symptoms" are coming on a lot sooner than what they did after the first session. After the first session I didn't start to really feel sick until Saturday morning, but now I already felt sick soon after the Chemo on Thursday night. I have been a lot more nauseous this time around!! So I think the "chemo symptoms" must be cumulative and now my body is having a harder time fighting them off. I also had a harder time sleeping last night and woke up at 5:30am, much too early!

So today we are going back to the doctor for a shot to increase the production of my white blood cells. Plus today is the big day that I have decided that I am going to shave my hair off. It has been so stressful slowly watching my hair fall out day after day. I still have some hair left, but it is very thin and my hair part is now a half of an inch larger. So hopefully I'll feel a little better when I don't have to consistently see my hair falling out all over the place. Stay tuned for pictures, here comes bald Danielle!!
Danielle

7 comments:

  1. You'll look beautiful... Here's that story I was telling you about: http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8638405

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a beautiful woman-the hair will grow back better than ever! Good time to rock a new hairdo! Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bye Bye Hair!

    Now you can get a Harley and ride around in leather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry Danielle your hair will come back. You are going to look so pretty with out hair. I cant wait to see you again. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! That is crazy! I should shave my head too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I suggest a shaved head/powerful women day of indulgence? Listen to "Nothing Compares to You" by Sinead O'Connor. Watch Aliens 3 with a shaved Sigorney Weaver - yes, she really did it for the movie. Follow up with Natalie Portman's clean shaved head in 'V is for Vengeance' and Demi Moore's beautiful scalp in "G.I. Jane." All sheared and lovely. It may not be the best entertainment, but it proves that you are now in a class of powerful, beautiful, and sexy women! (Well, Sinead isn't exactly sexy, though many thought she was really beautiful at the time.) There ya' go! And now you're one step closer to finishing the treatments....CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle,
    Did you have any other symptoms of lymphoma other than the very large tonsil? Any night sweats, itching, pain? Did you have any swollen glands?
    I'm curious as to how do you know?

    God Bless you Danielle! Your such a beautiful young woman!

    ReplyDelete