Monday, October 12, 2009

Relaxing

After this past chemo session I have been really making an effort to set aside some time to relax. In my spare time I like to make collages and I just finished one. Here is a picture of my latest collage. This is from a picture I took in Jeffery City, Wyoming. Jeffery City is a ghost town, but this lone, solitary church really stood out to me. I really love the stark contrasts between all the different colors, from the blue sky to the white church to the green-brown grass. I think it makes the church standout in an open and vast field of mother nature.

Before I found out I have Cancer, I was a very physically active person, so it was hard for me when I found out I couldn't work out anymore. So this week I bought a Yoga DVD and have been doing a few exercises. I must say Yoga is a lot harder than I had originally thought. During each of the yoga exercises I am really feeling a workout. So it has been fun and relaxing for me to do some physical activity.

In addition to trying to relax, I'm really excited because my sister Brittany is coming back to Sioux Falls on Wednesday. I'm so happy she is able to get some time off to come out and visit. I'm a little sad that the reason she is coming out is because of my third session of chemo on Thursday, but I guess her coming gives me something to look forward to.
Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Danielle! I had no idea you were such an artist! Seriously, this picture is awesome!!!! Do you make a lot of them? Do you sell them?? If so, I'd love to buy one :) It's amazing! Btw... the interview with SDPB is great, just watched the first part :) Hope all is well. Nice seeing you today, even if it was just as we drove by eachother :)

    ReplyDelete