Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Slowly Getting Better

It has been three days since I went to the emergency room and I can tell I'm slowly getting better. I think the Tamiflu the doctor prescribed for me is fighting off the flu. I still had a high fever throughout the day on Sunday and Monday, but today I'm feeling a little better. I still have this awful cough and runny nose, but I don't have the chills anymore-YAY. The worst part about having a fever are the chills and then the hot flashes. I would be so cold that I would need every jacket and blanket in the house, and then as my fever began to break, I would start sweating and burning up. This was the constant cycle for me over the past few days.

As I was resting yesterday I saw the movie "The Shinning" was on TV. I had never seen that movie and thought it would be kind of fun to watch it with Halloween coming up this weekend. I really enjoyed the "Here's Johnny" movie. I appreciate that this horror film did not have the ridiculous amount of violence and torture that you typically see in today's horror films. I love a movie that really makes you think and the ending of this movie had my brain buzzing. But I must say this is the last time I ever watch a movie on TV! Oh man, with all the commercials the movie lasted for 4 and half hours! Plus, I think every time they cut away for a commercial break, they cut out a piece of the movie. So there you have it, my rant about watching movies on TV-hahaha. I guess this is what happens when you can't do anything but rest!
Danielle

3 comments:

  1. that movie scared the poop out of me. i think i'd rather have watched it with commercial breaks :)

    thinking about you danielle! keep rockin. you'll be better in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of how scary and violent it was compared to other movies that came out in 1980! (Coal Miners Daughter, Friday the 13th, The Blues Brothers, Caddyshack) Besides, I think it falls more into the Genre 'Phycological thriller'.

    Anyway, I would venture to say that Kubrick is quite possiably the best director around...

    Great to read the updates and hear you are feeling better!

    BTW, if you are looking for more horror, Scy fy is having their '31 days of Holloween' marathon going on. Some of the movies are good, but I have to warn you, some are pretty cheesy!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete