Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sleepless Nights

Last night was another sleepless night for me. My nose would not stop running and my throat just kept hurting throughout the night! I tired everything from gargling with salt water to drinking hot tea and lots of fluids. I think I might have received, in total, like three hours of sleep.

However, last night I did start my antibiotics and I'm hoping today I'll start to see some improvement. It is scary to me to think that my body is having such a hard time fighting this sinus infection. I knew before I started my chemo that my body would have a hard time fighting off infections, but I guess I didn't realize it would be this tough. It is amazing to see how the chemo drugs can just destroy your immune system so quickly. Without your white blood cells you are totally hopeless. I think for now on I will make a point of trying to avoid all situations with tons of people, so I don't get this sick again. Especially with this being the cold and flu time of the year, now might be the best time to lay low.

So today I plan on trying to get some rest and help my body recover from this infection. It will be another one of those "stay in you PJs days." Hopefully I won't get too restless, maybe I'll start another collage.
Danielle

2 comments:

  1. HELLO DANIELLE DUPUY! SORRY TO READ THAT YOU ARE NOT FEELING SO WELL. OVERALL IT SEEMS THAT YOU ARE DOING REMARKABLY WELL.....THOSE DARN COLDS GET TO THE BEST OF US! I THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WHEN YOU CONTEMPLATE AVOIDING LARGE GROUPS OF HUMANOIDS. JUST THINK, THIS COMING SPRING YOU WILL BE READY TO GO FULL SPEED AHEAD AND MAKE UP FOR ANY LOST TIME........AS ALWAYS, I WISH YOU THE BEST AND THINK OF YOU OFTEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across this quote today and thought of you: "Rest is not a matter of doing absolutely nothing. Rest is repair." -Daniel W. Joselyn It made me think of you becauase I know how frustrated you get not being able to do the things you were able to do before. Just wanted to remind you that people are thinking of you over here. :) Hope you start feeling better soon. Love you.

    -K

    ReplyDelete